Apple’s Creative Designs in MoMA Collection
Jonathan Ive, the chief designer at Apple, has six of his creations in the Architecture and Design collection at the Museum of Modern Art in New York:
- G4 Cube Computer. The computer is squeezed into a plastic cube roughly eight inches on each side.
- G4 Cube Speakers. Transparent spherical speakers for the G4 Cube.
- iSub. Subwoofer designed with Harman Kardon.
- iBook. Laptop computer.
- iMac G4 Desktop. Unlike the original iMacs, which are shaped like futuristic TVs, this model looks like the base of a lamp with a flat-panel monitor attached.
- iPod. The original model from 2001.
Note: Museums typically display only a small portion of their collections at any given time.